Have you ever wanted to venture to Texas to help out with the invasive wild pig problem? Do you want to enjoy the tasty results of that hunt in the form of fresh wild game going into your freezer? It doesn’t matter if you have hunted for years or are just picking up a rifle, we have a spot for you to come join us at our hunting skills camp in North Texas. At this camp, we will teach you how to shoot, hunt, butcher, package, and cook wild pigs all in one extended weekend.
Seats are limited and we only host this camp twice per year.
Our hunting camp is held at a North Texas ranch nestled off the beaten path that reflects the rustic elegance of Texas while combining the comforts and conveniences of home. Meals will be prepared by our highly skilled, professional chefs, Adam Berkelmans, Adam Steele, and Justin Townsend.
Our shooting instructor, Leland Brown, will spend time ensuring you are comfortable shooting on the range in order to prepare you to transition to the hunting blind where you will have the opportunity to hunt wild hogs in a free-range setting. If you enjoy grass-fed domestic meat then you will love the taste of wild pork.
After the hunt, our expert butcher, Adam Steele, will walk you through the steps on how to process the meat for storage in the freezer and for later eating.
Each night, after the hunts, our chefs will bring you into the kitchen. There they will provide hands-on instruction on how to prepare different cuts from the game you harvested. You will be taught kitchen skills that you can take back home and showcase for your friends and family.
At the end of the camp, you will walk away with the skills to hunt, shoot, process, store, and cook your wild game. These skills easily translate over into any other wild game you would decide to hunt in the future. Plus, you will be able to take meat home from 1-2 pigs.
- 3 nights, 4 days
- Day one: arrival in evening for check-in, camp social hour, overview brief, shooting instruction
- Day two: shooting instruction, hunting, butchering class, and cooking class
- Day three: hunting, butchering, conservation talks, and cooking class
- Day four: breakfast social, butchering, and check-out before noon
Included in the Camp:
- 3 nights lodging/4 days with all meals included
- A free copy of The Hog Book by Jesse Griffiths and Jody Horton
- Beverages from local breweries
- Shooting instruction
- Hunting opportunities for 1-2 meat hogs
- Butchering and packaging instruction. Vac-sealed meat to take home.
- Cooking instruction for various pork cuts of meat
What to bring for your hunt:
- Hunter Safety Card or copy
- Rifle, scope, and ammo (Rifles for rent for a fee). Rifle calibers no smaller than .223 are preferred. No Full Metal Jackets.
- Long pants and hunting boots or closed-toed shoes are required (Dress for the season)
- Fishing gear (optional)
What if members of my group are inexperienced hunters?
We love teaching hunters of all ages and skills. So if it’s your first time hunting, we would be more than happy to help you create that unforgettable moment of harvesting your first animal.
What is the minimum age for hunters?
There is no minimum age for hunters. We just fall back on a verification of a Hunter Safety Card for any person planning to shoot an animal.
What if someone does not want to hunt, but wants to attend?
All are welcome! We offer half-price tickets for non-hunters. Please reach out to us at email@example.com if you are interested in attending as a non-hunter.
What about Transportation?
The nearest airport is Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) Airport which is 69.8 miles away. Travel time is 1:15hrs to the ranch. All travel is on your own. It’s recommended to rent a car and drive from the airport to the ranch.
Other Important Information:
- Taxidermy available upon request
- Tips are not included in pricing but are greatly appreciated!