First and foremost, I am a husband and a father to a beautiful family that deeply enjoys hunting, fishing, and gardening. I grew up hunting and fishing in south Louisiana and currently live in Lafayette, LA (the Sportsman’s Paradise). Our rich heritage has blended well with my outdoor activities and it was only natural for us to take the bounty given to us by the great outdoors and develop amazing meals that our friends and family enjoy.
My hunting consists mainly of waterfowl and whitetail deer on both public and private land all over the state of Louisiana. I am also an avid turkey hunter and focus mainly in Louisiana. We own a modest deer camp in the middle of swampy southern Louisiana that you can find us at any time from October through February. It’s our home away from home. That being said, I still make it a point to travel out west to hunt our great public lands there. I have hunted New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana.
Our fishing endeavors are mainly freshwater and inshore fishing in Louisiana. Our targeted species are normally crappie (we call them sac-a-lait), bream, catfish, bass, flounder, speckled trout, and redfish. We do try to make and annual fishing trip to target snapper, ling, mahi mahi, and amberjack. We have also been known to fill our freezers with blue point crabs and shrimp mere miles away from our home.
In our backyard, you can find several fruit trees ranging from blueberries to figs to persimmons (my personal favorite) to satsumas. In our summer garden you will find, banana peppers (used for my banana pepper mustard), jalapeno peppers, tomatoes, and cucumbers. Our winter garden consists of cabbage, carrots, and turnips.
All of this leads to preparing this wonderful bounty in our kitchen. From fresh seafood to beautiful red meat harvested throughout the year, you can always rely on my wife and I feeding our friends and family from the bounty given to us by the land.
Outside of my hobbies as an outdoorsman, I am a Loan Manager for the University of Louisiana Credit Union. My wife and I are both active in our church. I am a proud USMC veteran, not to mention a 3rd generation veteran.
- Feral Pigs Release Same Amount of CO2 as 1 Million Cars - July 22, 2021
- Cook Better Ground Wild Game Meat - July 13, 2021
- Will Hunting and Fishing be Criminalized in Oregon? - July 10, 2021
- Swiss Chard Wrapped Grouper - July 16, 2021
- Khatchapuri with Wild Boar (Georgian Cheese Bread) - June 29, 2021
- Wild Boar Queso Roll - May 17, 2021
- Three Keys to Mountain Stream Trout - July 1, 2021
- Grilled Tandoori Kokanee - June 26, 2021
- Tree Removal Benefits Greater Sage Grouse Population Growth - June 19, 2021
- How to Catch More Fish: Trout Fishing in Pennsylvania - May 4, 2021
- Pennsylvania Pickled Leeks - April 16, 2021
- Essential Equipment for a Wild Game Cook - March 23, 2021
- Korean Pulled Bear Sandwich - June 24, 2021
- Bill to Kill Up to 90% of Idaho’s Wolves Signed by Governor - May 13, 2021
- Are Whitetails Influenced By Moon Phase? The Answer May Surprise You - March 16, 2021
- Venison Pastrami - July 8, 2021
- Blackened Smoked Salmon Burgers with Duck Fat Fries - June 1, 2021
- Beaver Bomber Sandwiches - April 12, 2021
- Canada Goose Thai Red Curry - July 12, 2021
- The International: Triple Cheese Canada Goose Pastrami Sandwich - June 22, 2021
- Wild Turkey Po’ Boy - May 24, 2021
- The 3 Books That Convinced Me to Start Hunting - June 25, 2021
- Always Be Scouting: On Accidentally Finding New Hunting Spots - June 8, 2021
- The Ups and Downs of a Mentored Turkey Hunt - May 15, 2021
- Women’s Profile: Karen Wilcox - July 5, 2021
- Women’s Profile: Carmel Lehr – A Lifetime of Adventure - June 11, 2021
- On Trapping - May 25, 2021
- The Triple B Burger: Bacon Black Bear - July 9, 2021
- Jerk Wild Turkey - June 4, 2021
- Snow Goose & Kimchi Gun Mandu (Pan Fried Korean Dumplings) - May 7, 2021
- Wild Hog: Hunt Clean Cook - May 22, 2021
- Spawning Bass in a Public Park - April 17, 2021
- Duck Hunting is Changing Fast: 80 Year Old Hunter Looks Back - February 4, 2021
- Alaska Mountain Goat: A Magical High-Country Hunt pt. 2 - November 12, 2020
- Alaska Mountain Goat: A Magical High-Country Hunt pt. 1 - November 7, 2020
- Rainforest Teal in SE Alaska - October 3, 2020
- Billionaire Stan Kroenke Wins Legal Battle, Killing Public Access to Stoney and Minnie Lake - March 25, 2021
- Defining a Hunter - March 19, 2021