Venison Cheeseburger Tater Tot Bites
- Irish-American Fish Pie - March 13, 2023
- Venison Cheeseburger Tater Tot Bites - February 6, 2023
- Hearty Rabbit and Bean Soup - January 20, 2023
I created these Venison Cheeseburger Tater Tot Bites for a Super Bowl party appetizer idea. But
when my 7-year-old daughter devoured half of them, I knew they were also perfect for a kid-
friendly, weeknight meal!
I do all the cooking in our house, but my wife LOVES to bake during the holidays, and I overdid
it on all the sweets she created these last few months. So I decided to buckle down and go back
to a healthy, low carb diet of wild game and fish. But when I went to our freezer to pull out some
elk, the bag of frozen tater tots was calling my name! These tasty venison cheeseburger tater tot
bites were totally worth postponing my Keto diet.
Using tater tots as the “buns” adds a delicious crispiness to these bite-size cheeseburgers that will
fly off the plate at your next party or family dinner!
Serving Size: 15 appetizers
Time to make: 1hr
Equipment: Toothpicks or Skewers
Also works with: Any ground game
Listen to our Podcast
Apple Podcasts, Google, Spotify, Amazon Music
Try our Delicious Wild Fish and Game Spice Blends!
Venison Cheeseburger Tater Tot BitesCourse: Venison, Wild Recipes
30 tater tots
8 ounces ground venison burger
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons Harvesting Nature’s Big Game Spice Blend
2 slices cheddar cheese
15 hamburger pickles
1/3 cup ketchup
- Cook tater tots in the oven according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, mix the ground venison, olive oil, and seasoning in a medium bowl until well
combined. Form into 15 small patties slightly bigger than a tater tot.
- Cook the burgers in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat for about 3 minutes
on each side until well browned and cooked through.
- Cut each cheddar cheese slice into 9 small squares. Top each burger patty with a square
of cheese and cover the skillet with a lid. Allow the cheese to melt for about 1 minute.
Transfer the cheeseburgers to a plate.
- Start building up the cheeseburgers bites by adding a teaspoon of ketchup to the top of a
tater tot, then adding the mini cheeseburger patty on top, followed by a hamburger pickle,
and finally another tater tot. Secure each one with a toothpick or skewer. Repeat with the
remaining ingredients until all the bites are built. Serve immediately.