Tacos are king in my house. I have spoken about my love for tacos long before I created this recipe. We love tacos so much at Harvesting Nature that we created a line of deer taco merchandise, which is awesome!
I normally go the route of steak tacos, fish tacos, or shredded meat tacos, but this ground meat recipe is so simple and delicious. Honestly, you can use this meat in any Latin American inspired ground meat recipes.
Most recently, I used this meat for quesadillas with both flour and corn tortillas. Take a little Chihuahua cheese and sprinkle it on the top of the tortillas while in the pan. Once the cheese was melted I added a scoop of this meat and folded the tortillas over. Crisp and fluffy with a delicious filling that is meant to be dipped in salsa or guacamole. Mmmmmm.
Served in a burrito tortilla. Yes. Ground Venison Enchilada Fries. Yes! Served over eggs. Yes. Ground Venison Sushi Rolls. Yes! Served atop rice. Yes. Inside an Elk Crunch Wrap Supreme. Yes! Rolled Tacos. Yes. You name it, this recipe will work! Enjoy!
Serving Size: 4-6
Time to make: 30 mins
Equipment: Cast Iron Pan
Also works with: Any Ground Game Meat
Try our Delicious Wild Fish and Game Spice Blends!
The Best Venison Taco MeatCourse: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: Mexican, AmericanDifficulty: Easy
I normally go the route of steak tacos, fish tacos, or shredded meat tacos, but this ground meat recipe is so simple and delicious. Honestly, you can use this meat in any Latin American-themed ground meat recipe.
1 Tbsp oil
1 bell pepper, diced
½ onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 lbs ground antelope, deer, or elk
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1 can Rotel – medium
4 oz tomato sauce
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Bring a large cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Add oil once heated
- Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Sautee until the onion is translucent and begins to brown.
- Add the ground meat and break it up in the skillet.
- Stir in the Big Game Blend, chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, and salt.
- Allow the meat to cook for 2-5 minutes or until it begins to brown.
- Stir in the Rotel, tomato sauce, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Allow the meat to simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve using your favorite taco or ground meat recipe.