This is a simple skillet dish with a cream sauce that tastes like a professional made it. I hate to toot my own horn but I even surprised myself on how good this turned out. I can guarantee the whole family will love it. I swapped the usual chicken with some dove that I got from my first dove hunt recently. The hunt was as fast paste as this restaurant quality meal was to make!
Like what we are creating? Buy us a coffee to say thanks!
Dove and Cream SauceCourse: Wild Recipes
6 de- feathered and gutted dove
½ tsp. kosher salt
½ tsp crushed black pepper
2 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. avocado oil
½. Sweet onion sliced
2 cups sliced mushrooms
2 tbsp chopped garlic
½ cup chicken broth
½ cup half and half
6 cups fresh spinach
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
½ cup grated parmesan
- Spatchcock your doves, rub with oil and salt and pepper both sides.
- Add avocado oil and butter to a cast iron skillet. Toss onions until translucent. Add your mushrooms and cook until both are light brown.
- Add your garlic. Place your dove breast side up and sear for about 3 min. Flip and sear breast til they start to brown. You may need to turn the dove to crisp the skin on any sides that don’t make contact with the skillet. Set the dove aside.
- Deglaze the pan with chicken broth and add half of your spinach to the pan. Whisk in your half and half cook until your sauce thickens.
- As sauce gets to a low simmer add your parmesan and red pepper flakes. This will add to the thickness of the sauce and give it a little spice.
- Plate the rest of the fresh spinach and place your dove and spoon on the sauce with the mushrooms and spinach . Salt and pepper for taste and your gourmet meal is ready.