Sometimes finding new fun recipes to use all your grind meat in can be difficult. Most of the time you make burgers, meatloaf or meat balls. This recipe combines the best of meatballs and kebabs all in one and can be prepped ahead of time so you can just pop it in the oven and dinner will be ready in no time. If you don’t want to use the grill to put a char on these kebabs you can also pop them under the broiler first then turn the oven down and finish them off.
Like what we are creating? Buy us a coffee to say thanks!
Elk Eggplant Kebab
3lb Elk, ground
1 onion, grated
½ teaspoon all spice, ground
½ teaspoon black pepper, ground
1 Tb Salt
½ teaspoon Aleppo pepper
8 Italian Eggplant (or Japanese eggplant)
- Soak wooden skewers in water
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground beef, onions, all spice, salt, pepper and Aleppo. Knead the meat until it becomes tacky. Place it in the refrigerator for at least 30 min or up to 4 hours.
- Cut eggplant into 1” thick slices
- Remove meat from the refrigerator and roll meat into 1-2 oz balls. Skewer eggplant and meatballs alternating between the two. Press down slightly on meatball between two pieces of eggplant on the skewer so the meat spreads out to the thickness of the eggplant.
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Light up a charcoal grill or gas grill on high heat. Grill the skewers just enough to char the outside. then remove them.
- Place all the skewers in a roasting pan and sprinkle with about 1-2 tsp of salt. Cover with foil and place in preheated oven for 1 hour. Once eggplant is fork tender remove from the oven and Enjoy!