We took one of Ryan’s favorite dishes, Lumpia, and put a wild game twist on it and made Smoked Bear Lumpia! This recipe is crazy easy to make and a great way to incorporate your wild game meats into a fun and delicious dish!
Like what we are creating? Buy us a coffee to say thanks!
Smoked Wild Game LumpiaCourse: UncategorizedDifficulty: Medium
2 lbs ground bear meat (or any wild game)
2 stalks of celery
4-5 tablespoons oyster sauce (to taste)
2-4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (to taste)
16 oz water chestnuts
1 large white onion
4-5 garlic cloves (minced)
Recteq Asian Persuasion seasoning (or whatever seasoning you want; to taste)
Spring Roll wrappers
Tacticalories Grilled Pineapple Margarita / Marinade, Stir Fry Sauce and Salsa
Any Sweet Chili Sauce would work well
- Mince all vegetables and combine them with meat, seasoning, and eggs and mix well. Let sit overnight.
- Place meat in a pan and smoke on low for 30-45 minutes until the desired smoke level is reached. Turn up the heat and cook meat until it is done (we took our bear to 160 degrees).
- Set out spring roll wrappers and let them thaw.
- Remove meat mixture from smoker/grill and let cool.
- Separate spring roll wrappers individually.
- Place a small amount of meat mixture on the spring roll wrapper and roll. Repeat until meat is gone. Use egg wash to seal wrappers.
- Preheat oil to 350 and place lumpia in oil and cook until wrapper is golden brown.
- Serve with dipping sauce and enjoy!