Korean Pulled Bear Sandwich
- Korean Pulled Bear Sandwich - June 24, 2021
- Bill to Kill Up to 90% of Idaho’s Wolves Signed by Governor - May 13, 2021
- Are Whitetails Influenced By Moon Phase? The Answer May Surprise You - March 16, 2021
I was given a bear hindquarter from Ryan and Emily from The Way We Hunt after their success on our Oregon spring bear trip, and this was the first thing I made with it. I wanted something simple but a bit different than the standard sloppy joe or pulled sandwich, so I used some flavors more common with Korean BBQ: asian pears, gochujang, fresh garlic, red onion, and ginger. I went with a jarred Korean BBQ Marinade as well to add some extra flavor, but you can easily make your own. Throw all the ingredients in the crockpot overnight with some venison stock, and you’ll be enjoying this delicious meal all week. Feel free to adjust the spice level to your liking. I served it on a bun with some cole slaw with sriracha mayo and some fries. Enjoy!
Listen to our Podcast
Apple Podcasts, Google, Spotify, Amazon Music
Like what we are creating? Buy us a coffee to say thanks!
Korean Pulled Bear SandwichCourse: MainCuisine: Wild GameDifficulty: Easy
2-3 lb bear roast
1 asian pear, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
1 small head of garlic
3 tbsp gochujang (chili paste)
2 tbsp chili powder
1/2 qt venison or beef stock
1 jar Bibigo Korean BBQ Marinade
2 tbsp ginger, minced
- Mix all ingredients in crockpot. Cook on low for 8-12 hours.
- Shred with two forks then cook for an additional hour.
- Mix desired amount of sriracha and mayo with cole slaw.
- Serve pulled bear and cole slaw on a bun with french fries or desired side dish.