Back in January of this year Ben, Collin, Emily, Ryan, and I discussed the possibility of hunting Spring Black Bear in Oregon. We decided to proceed after agreeing on a timeframe and a location. We each applied individually into the Oregon drawing, which in retrospect, was a mistake. We should have applied as a group so that we would all draw collectively or not at all. Well… we beat the odds and all drew tags to the same unit!
We decided that this trip was going to be an epic adventure where we would hunt a mix of terrain in the Coastal Range of southwest Oregon. Most of us had never experienced anything like this hunt so we did not know what to expect. We quickly researched the area through films, articles, and whatever else we could find in a scramble to prepare for the upcoming trip. As we all prepared individually for the trip, Ben scouted some areas prior to our arrival so we would have some concept of the lay of the land. We all met on a Wednesday and began our adventure.
This is our story! We filmed as much of the trip as we could. We actually filmed so much that we had to divide the film into two parts. Part one is just below and you can click here to watch part 2. I want to give a big shoutout to Ryan who did an awesome job on the editing of the film. Enjoy!!!!
Watch Part 2:
- Seared Duck Breast with Pumpkin Cream Rigatoni - September 25, 2023
- Kansas Man Pleads Guilty to Poaching Colorado Moose - July 19, 2023
- Gourmet Backpacking Food Company Launches Kickstarter to Fund New Flavors - April 4, 2023
- Hunting Workshop Part 2: Pheasant Hunting in Oregon - October 2, 2021
- Hunting Workshops: A Perspective on State Programs Promoting R3 - September 18, 2021
- Korean Pulled Bear Sandwich - June 24, 2021
- Bill to Kill Up to 90% of Idaho’s Wolves Signed by Governor - May 13, 2021
- Are Whitetails Influenced By Moon Phase? The Answer May Surprise You - March 16, 2021
Like what we are creating? Buy us a coffee to say thanks!