- White Chocolate Pheasant Chili - April 23, 2021
- Axis Wellington (Hold the Mushrooms, Bring the Bacon) - April 5, 2021
- Film: Three Ingredient Dove Wellington - February 26, 2021
Emily had never had white chocolate chili before and several years ago, Ryan made some for her. Recently, we decided to try it again with wild game. The flavor is hearty with a slightly sweet taste from the white chocolate. You cannot necessarily taste chocolate in the flavor, but the slightly sweet taste definitely gives this chili a unique flavor.
Like what we are creating? Buy us a coffee to say thanks!
White Chocolate Pheasant ChiliCourse: Wild Recipes
Salt & Pepper for pheasant
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1.5-2 lbs pheasant breast, cut in 1/2 in. pieces
1 large onion, finely chopped
4 gloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon thyme
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 cans rotel
2 cans white beans, drained and rinsed
4 oz white chocolate
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper your pheasant breasts. Place pats of butter and rosemary on breasts and vacuum seal.
- Sous Vide for 3 hours at 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place on recteq and baste in the juices the sous vide made every 15 minutes for 1 hour on the lowest setting.
- Add the vegetable oil to the dutch onion at medium to high heat. Add onion and and sauté until tender. Add the garlic, cumin, oregano, thyme, chili powder, cinnamon, salt, pepper, and flour and stir until the onion is evenly coated. Cook for approximately 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add the broth and tomatoes and stir until the liquid boils and thickens. Add the beans and pheasant to dutch oven and mix. Place lid on dutch oven and place on recteq grill or pellet smoker on low for 6-12 hours. (Alternatively, this dish can be made in a slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.)
- Add the chocolate 1 ounce at a time to taste and the cilantro. Stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Serve with your choice of sides, and enjoy!