- Gear Review: Allen Company’s Razor RZ3 Premium Carbon Arrows - August 10, 2021
- Dominican Bear Steak and Peppers - July 30, 2021
- How to Catch More Fish: Trout Fishing in Pennsylvania - May 4, 2021
It’s that time in Pennsylvania! So while you’re out scouting or hunting for turkeys, keep your eyes and nose open for these. The pickled leeks go great on a sandwich or a quick snack.
Like what we are creating? Buy us a coffee to say thanks!
Pennsylvania Pickled LeeksCourse: Wild Recipes
1/2 leeks with leaves cut off
1 cup distilled vinegar
3/4 cup water
1/8 cup kosher or pickling salt
3/4 cup sugar
2 bay leaves
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground gloves
1 tbsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp Mustard seeds
- Trim the leaves form the leeks and pack mason jar.
- Combine all other ingredients into a pot and bring to a boil until all salt and sugar have dissolved.
- Pour the liquid over the leeks, completely covering the leeks.
- Put the lid on and let cool. store in the refrigerator for several weeks.