This weekend is a big weekend for American football with two teams battling for the title in the Super Bowl. Depending on your sentiments, you may or may not be attending a social gathering to watch the game. Regardless, these Venison Jerk Meatballs should be in your starting lineup.
They are slightly spicy, tangy, and delicious and a great way to use any ground game meat you have in the freezer. You can use the smoker, oven, or even pan fry them. Just combine all the ingredients and cook, its rather simple. Then, serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Like what we are cooking? Buy us a cup of coffee to say thanks!
1 lbs ground venison
1 small yellow onion, minced
1 egg, beaten
¼ cup panko
1 tsp orange zest
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp cayenne powder
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp minced fresh thyme
½ tsp minced fresh parsley
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
½ tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp ground allspice
½ tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp crushed red pepper
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp cinnamon
Like what we are creating? Buy us a coffee to say thanks!
1. Preheat your smoker to 375 degrees.
2. Combined all the ingredients and gently mix. Do not over work.
3. Form the meat into golf ball sized meatballs and set aside. Place all the meatballs directly on the grate of the smoker.
4. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Remove, allow to cool for just a moment, and serve with your favorite sauce. Recommendations are BBQ Sauce, Teriyaki Sauce, Cilantro Lime Sauce, Blue Cheese, and Ranch.