4 Cheese Pheasant Pizza
- Gear Review: Allen Company’s Razor RZ3 Premium Carbon Arrows - August 10, 2021
- Dominican Bear Steak and Peppers - July 30, 2021
- How to Catch More Fish: Trout Fishing in Pennsylvania - May 4, 2021
With some pheasants in the freezer, my wife and I decided to braise a few down to have some cooked meat on hand for various meals throughout the week. We used the broth portion of Hank Shaw’s Pheasant and Dumplings recipe to braise the pheasant and to get some broth to freeze for use in other recipes. But we had other things in mind for the braised meat. Inspired by a local pizza shop’s specialty pizza and a recent Christmas gift containing a handful of different jams and jellies, my wife and I put together this 4 Cheese Pheasant pizza.
Listen to our Podcast
Apple Podcasts, Google, Spotify, Amazon Music
Like what we are creating? Buy us a coffee to say thanks!
- Pheasant, braised and shredded (we used about 1 breast and one leg’s worth of meat)
- Garlic Naan – 2 pieces (8.8 oz. pack of Stonefire Naan)
- Shredded Mozzarella
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Feta cheese
- 3 TBS Pepper jelly/jam, more or less to taste
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- French fried onions
- Tacticalories Bosco Blend, to taste (or other preferred seasoning blend, or just salt and black pepper)
- In a skillet with some butter, cook the pepper and onions until soft
- Add the shredded pheasant, sprinkle with seasoning, and cook until the pheasant has some crispy edges
- In a food processor, add the cream cheese and pepper jelly and blend together well.
- On the naan, evenly spread the cream cheese/pepper jelly mix, then the mozzarella cheese, feta cheese, and parmesan cheese. Tailor the amount of the cheese to your taste. But, for the feta, don’t overdo it.
- On top of the cheeses, add the pheasant, onion, and pepper.
- Place in a 375°F oven for about 10 minutes, or long enough to melt the cheese.
- Add the French fried onions on top and cook for another couple of minutes
- When all the cheese has melted, remove from the oven, slice, and enjoy.