- Axis Wellington (Hold the Mushrooms, Bring the Bacon) - April 5, 2021
- Film: Three Ingredient Dove Wellington - February 26, 2021
- Wild Pig Tenderloin Pizza - February 9, 2021
In this video, we teamed up with our good friend and chef, Justin Townsend, from Harvesting Nature and made sous vide alligator salad with a side of fresh collard greens! This was off the charts good and crazy easy to make!
1 pound skinless alligator filets (we used alligator tail)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
1 Honeycrisp apple, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice
1/2 cup finely diced celery
1/2 cup finely diced scallions
1. Season the alligator with salt, pepper, and garlic and place in a large ziplock or vacuum seal bag with olive oil and garlic. Seal the bag using the water immersion technique or a vacuum sealer on the moist setting. Place in the water bath and set the timer for 3 hours.
2. When the timer goes off, remove the alligator from the water bath. Remove the alligator from the bag and cut it into 1/2-inch pieces. In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, curry powder, lemon zest, lemon juice, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
3. Add the alligator, walnuts, apple, celery, and scallions, and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper and plate it up