Podcast: Episode 19, Trapping Wild Hogs in Texas – Food or Foe
Click to Listen
Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify
Questions or comments? Email us at email@example.com
Click the link below to enter for a chance to win a Weston Meat Grinder, an Autographed Cookbook, Traeger Sauces, and Traeger Spices! Enter now until July 1st.
Eddie Dickey – Texas Wild Hog Control
The evolution of the hog population in Texas
Trapping live hogs can be sold in TX
Which pigs should you eat?
Why are populations growing so fast?
Dumbing down the sounder
Pigs are hard to hunt during the day
Trapping is the most effective
Most unusual trapping location
Can trapped hogs become a food source?
Private property vs. public land hunting
Learning to hunt
Thermal hog hunts
Spinach Stuffed Boar Loin with Arugula Pistachio Pesto
Wild Pork Sausage with Homemade Rosemary Porter Crust
About the Podcast:
We are hunters, anglers, writers, and sometimes chefs. Our passion for the outdoor lifestyle motivated the foundation of Harvesting Nature which serves as a media outlet built to inspire and educate the outdoor expert and novice alike. Our podcast focuses on the technical side of cooking wild fish and game while also incorporating adventures and lessons learned from our pursuit of wild meat. Join us on our journey of Harvesting Nature.
About the Hosts:
- Gourmet Backpacking Food Company Launches Kickstarter to Fund New Flavors - April 4, 2023
- YETI Recalls Almost 2 Million Coolers and Cases - March 11, 2023
- The Best Venison Steak au Poivre - February 27, 2023
- Ground Venison Enchiladas - May 6, 2023
- Savory Oats with Venison - April 3, 2023
- Mushroom-Stuffed Venison Tenderloin - March 25, 2023
- Gear Review: Allen Company’s Razor RZ3 Premium Carbon Arrows - August 10, 2021
- Dominican Bear Steak and Peppers - July 30, 2021
- How to Catch More Fish: Trout Fishing in Pennsylvania - May 4, 2021