- The Best Venison Mississippi Pot Roast - March 15, 2021
- Can the Fake Meat Movement be used to Recruit Hunters? - February 25, 2021
- CA Bear Hunting Ban Bill Withdrawn - February 1, 2021
Spring Gobbler season is knocking on our door and it is time to put the final changes on your turkey gear, practice on your calling, and sharpen your butchering skills. As every hunter know, the work does not stop once the trigger is pulled or arrow slung. You race against the clock to properly clean the animal and preserve the meat to consume later with family and friends. These videos below were selected as to demonstrate proper butchering and cleaning techniques to get the most out of your turkey.
Each video below provides a different method of butchering which should give you a good foothold for your own butchering endeavors. Just below the videos, we share some of our favorite turkey recipes for your cooking pleasure.
1. How to Clean a Turkey by Jay Siemens
This method breaks down the bird and separates the different cuts to be utilized for a variety of meals.
2. How to Pluck and Clean a Turkey with Steven Rinella – MeatEater
With this method, the turkey is plucked and then halved for easy travel and storage.
3. Knife Skills: How to Spatchcock a Turkey
This video demonstrates how to spatchcock a turkey using a domestically raised turkey. The method can be transferred over to wild turkey as an alternative preparation method.
Learn more and get the full recipe: https://www.seriouseats.com/2012/11/how-to-spatchcock-cook-turkey-thanksgiving-fast-easy-way-spatchcocked.html?utm_source=yt&utm_campaign=nov16