- 4 Cheese Pheasant Pizza - January 15, 2021
- Smoked Venison Chili - October 31, 2020
- Podcast: Adventures for Food, Ep 04, The Flintlock Fiasco - October 25, 2020
Recipe contributed by Managing Editor K. Slye.
With the big game coming up a good dip is needed so you have something to munch on during the game. But not just any old buffalo chicken dip will do. Try this recipe out and you won’t be disappointed!
- 2-3 cups braised squirrel (or rabbit), bones removed – see A. Zada’s Hefe Braised Rabbit Carnitas for instructions on how to braise squirrel or rabbit.
- 2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese
- 1 can chipotle peppers
- 1-2 cups Barbeque sauce (your brand of choice and tailor the amount to your taste)
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- 1 Cup shredded cheddar Cheese
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. Firing Lime Chipotle seasoning from Tacticalories Brand Seasonings
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
In place of the Firing Lime Chipotle you can use 1 Tbs kosher salt, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp coriander, and lime juice and zest from 2-3 limes. But we definitely recommended using Tacticalories seasoning blends, use code HARVEST10 to get 10% off your order.
- Combine and stir all ingredients in crock pot, until well mixed
- Set crock pot to high and stir occasionally
- When ingredients are warmed through and cheese is melted, set crock pot to warm.
- Serve with crackers, tortilla chips, or anything you choose.
Tacticalories creates small-batch, craft seasonings, ground only a few days before arriving at your door. So you know what you are getting are the freshest, highest quality ingredients that your wild game deserves. Tacticalories offers a full line of seasonings that work with any type of wild game or fish, from antelope to whitetail, arctic char to yellow perch, and everything in between.
Use PROMO Code HARVEST10 to get 10% off your order of select products.