Like what we are creating? Buy us a coffee to say thanks!
- 1 Sea Trout filet
- 1 Cup of grits
- 1 TB Old Bay seasoning
- 1 TB kosher salt
- 1 TB garlic powder
- 2 TB olive oil
- Cheddar Cheese
- Jar of pickled okra (optional)
- Louisiana hot sauce (optional)
- Cut the fillets into 3 in manageable sizes for plating. Be sure that all bones are removed from the fish (they tend to be really small).
- Coat the fish with olive oil and add seasoning (coat well).
- Heat pan to 375 and place filet in the middle of the pan
- cook 3 minutes on each side and place on a paper towel
- Cook grits with 3 cups of water stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let sit.
- While still hot, add cheese and garlic to liking.
- Lightly fry pickled okra in remaining olive oil.
- Place filet over hot cheese grits
About the Author
Austin is an outdoor enthusiast, writer, artist, and outdoor cuisine lover. Exploring the outdoors for new flavors as well as adventures. Growing up fishing the shores of North Florida, learning the value of conservation so that other anglers could enjoy the bounty of the saltwater as much as he has