- Cookbook Review: The Hog Book by Jesse Griffiths and Jody Horton - October 19, 2021
- Spicy Southwest Chili Antelope Burger - October 11, 2021
- New Jersey Fish and Game Approves “Emergency” October Bear Hunt - September 16, 2021
Recipe contributed by Editor-in-Chief J. Townsend.
I am normally completely against mixing bacon with wild game because I feel that the strong flavor of the bacon over powers the natural flavor of the wild game. This recipe is one exception. In the recipe’s most basic form, it is just fun, delicious, and so easy to prepare. Perfect for that summer BBQ!
Like what we are creating? Buy us a coffee to say thanks!
1 lbs ground venison
3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
12 avocados, halved and pits removed
1 lbs of bacon, strips cut into thirds
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp of ground black pepper
1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning
1 tsp of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Bring a medium skillet to medium high heat
- Add ground venison, garlic powder, Cajun seasoning, black pepper, and salt
- Cooked until meat is browned
- Arrange avocados on a baking sheet
- Scoop ground meat into the avocados
- Top with cheese and then bacon
- Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes
- Turn on for broiler and cook for 5 minutes or until bacon is crispy