- Seared Duck Breast with Pumpkin Cream Rigatoni - September 25, 2023
- Kansas Man Pleads Guilty to Poaching Colorado Moose - July 19, 2023
- Gourmet Backpacking Food Company Launches Kickstarter to Fund New Flavors - April 4, 2023
Recipe contributed by Editor-in-Chief J. Townsend.
I am normally completely against mixing bacon with wild game because I feel that the strong flavor of the bacon over powers the natural flavor of the wild game. This recipe is one exception. In the recipe’s most basic form, it is just fun, delicious, and so easy to prepare. Perfect for that summer BBQ!
Like what we are creating? Buy us a coffee to say thanks!
1 lbs ground venison
3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
12 avocados, halved and pits removed
1 lbs of bacon, strips cut into thirds
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp of ground black pepper
1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning
1 tsp of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Bring a medium skillet to medium high heat
- Add ground venison, garlic powder, Cajun seasoning, black pepper, and salt
- Cooked until meat is browned
- Arrange avocados on a baking sheet
- Scoop ground meat into the avocados
- Top with cheese and then bacon
- Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes
- Turn on for broiler and cook for 5 minutes or until bacon is crispy