- Swiss Chard Wrapped Grouper - July 16, 2021
- Khatchapuri with Wild Boar (Georgian Cheese Bread) - June 29, 2021
- Wild Boar Queso Roll - May 17, 2021
Recipe Contributed by Field Staff Writer A. Zada.
I spoke with a lot of people who just didn’t know what to do with their wild turkey. I wanted to create something a bit different that you could even make with the scrap meat off the bird. You can also use thigh or breast to make this if you don’t want to mess with all the little pieces. Just be sure to clean off as much silver skin and sinew that you can off all the meat. If you have a meat grinder to grind it up that works the best but you could always pulse it in a food processor, or finely mince it with a sharp knife.
1lb Wild Turkey, ground
1 Tb olive oil
1 small onion, fine dice
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 large tomato, diced
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
3oz Brie Cheese, sliced
2 sheets puff pastry
1 Muffin tin, dozen
- Pre heat oven to 400°F
- Heat a medium saute pan on medium high heat and add olive oil. Add onions and sweat until translucent about 2 min.
- Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds just until you can smell it.
- Add turkey, salt and pepper. Continue to stir and break up until turkey is browned.
- Add tomatoes and cook for an additional 3-5 min.
- Set aside and let it cool
- Cut the puff pastry in to 3” x 3″ pieces. Make sure they are large enough to fit in the bottom of the muffin tin and come up the sides. It doesn’t have to be perfect because they will puff up.
- Spray the muffin tin with cooking spray or add a little oil to the bottom of the cups so the pastry doesn’t stick.
- Line the muffin tins with the cut out puff pastry.
- Fill each off the puff pastry cups with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the turkey filling.
- Top each cup with a slice of Brie cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 min or until the tops are nice and golden.
- Set aside and let it cool a bit. To remove puffs use a small offset spatula or butter knife and slide it around the edge of each cup. They should pop right out. Enjoy!
Read more Wild Turkey Recipes!
“Stuff Anything” Wild Turkey Tenderloin
Assault and Pepper Wild Turkey Schnitzel
Tacticalories Wild Turkey Jerky with the Weston Jerky Board
Wild Turkey Eggs Benedict
Prosciutto Wrapped Wild Turkey Cutlets