Recipe Contributed by Marketing Coordinator S. Buoy.
Nothing is better than cooking venison fresh off the harvest. After deer heart this is our go to grub while butchering.
Listen to our Podcast
Apple Podcasts, Google, Spotify, Amazon Music
Like what we are creating? Buy us a coffee to say thanks!
8 oz -1/2″ cubed venison
2 cups flour
1 tsp Sea salt
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 cup Favorite marinade, hot sauce or BBQ sauce
1. Put venison in marinade for 30 min to an hour.
2. Heat up deep fryer to high.
3. Mix flour and seasoning in a shallow bowl or pie pan.
4. Drain excess liquid from meat and dredge on flour.
5. Shake off excess flour and put in basket. Be sure pieces aren’t touching.
6. Cook a test batch to determine cooking time.Â In many cases 2-4 minutes is sufficient.
7. Drain of oil and put on plate with paper towel. Season immediately I prefer garlic salt or seasoning salt. But again use whatever you prefer.
8. Give oil a minute or two to heat back up and repeat, adjusting cooking time as necessary.
Check out these other venison recipes
Wild Venison Meatballs with Tomato Brandy Garlic Sauce
Poutine with Venison Bolognese
Venison Mini Corndogs
Wild Venison Roast
2 thoughts on “Venison Chislic”
Pingback: My Nemesis: The Paddlefish | Harvesting Nature
Pingback: Staying United as a Hunting Community | Harvesting Nature