Recipe Contributed by Marketing Coordinator S. Buoy.
I’m a bit of a sucker when it comes to hot sauce. There are not too many kinds that I do not like. I find it especially appealing in the morning, chased with some hot black coffee. So, when my friend came up from Texas and brought me a bottle of Torchy’s, the brand that he claimed was the best ever, I had to give a try. He said he doesn’t eat breakfast tacos without it. So I made a Harvesting Nature style breakfast taco to try out my new hot sauce. Some key ingredients and only a few minutes and you will have the perfect start to your day.
- 4 oz Venison – cubed to 1/2 pieces
- 2 oz Mushrooms- rough chopped
- 1 oz onion (1/4 small) finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic-finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire
- 1 tsp. Cholula
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Favorite hot sauce
- 6″ Flour or Corn tortillas
- Put pan on high heat and coat with olive oil.
- Add onions lightly season and cook 2-3 minutes or until start to get translucent.
- Add mushrooms, garlic and Worcestershire cook 2 min.
- Push to side and add cubed venison, season with salt and pepper and cook until brown. 2-3 min
- Put two eggs and Cholula in bowl. Mix with fork until blended and add to pan.
- Cook until eggs are done.
- Warm tortillas and fill with mixture.
- Add guacamole and hot sauce of choice.
Other Articles by S. Buoy
5 Stages of a Hunter Series: Sportsman Stage