Apple Glaze Wild Hog Ribs with Rosemary Potato & Asparagus
Recipe contributed by Field Staff Writer K. Floerke.
Wild pigs are prevalent in Southern Texas and harvesting a wild pig can provide a delicious and healthy meal for you and your family whilst helping reduce the number of this invasive species. Check out the short cooking film and recipe below.
Listen to our Podcast
Apple Podcasts, Google, Spotify, Amazon Music
Like what we are creating? Buy us a coffee to say thanks!
- 2 racks of Wild Hog Ribs
- 1 Apple
- 1 Onion
- 8 Red Potatoes
- Olive oil
- Brown Sugar
- Dijon Mustard
- Fresh Asparagus
- Bay leaves
1. place rack of ribs in square pan and generously pour Worcestershire sauce over the top gently massaging the ribs.
(Pre-heat oven on Broil to 375)
2. Brown sugar sauce: 1 cup brown sugar, 1 tbs Dijon mustard, 3 tbs Honey, 1/4 cup of olive oil or butter.
Place all ingredients into blender or bowl and stir vigorously until it has a syrup like consistency. Add a little water to get the right consistency.
3. Cut apples into discs, cut potatoes into 4ths and cut half an onion. Peel onions apart but leave in halves.
4. take pan of hog ribs and place apples on top of the ribs, then pour half of the glaze on top trying to get an even spread. Once oven has preheated place pan of ribs on top rack for 20 mins. After 20 mins move to the bottom rack for another 20 mins until a crispy outside and golden brown color has appeared. Always cut a rib to make sure the meat has fully cooked( do not over cook)
5. place potatoes in pan with a little olive oil adding the onions. Season in salt, pepper, Rosemary and 2 bay leaves. Place on the bottom rack of the oven. Stirring every 10 mins. After the first 10 mins move to the top rack to get desired color and crispiness- Remove when toasty brown.
6. place asparagus in a stove pan over medium heat with a little olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Cook until asparagus is softer but still has a slight crunch.
7. Take ribs and cut each piece with a sharp knife, add apples for sweetness and garnish, plate potatoes with onions and asparagus.
Enjoy your, simple, healthy, Wild Game meal!
One thought on “Apple Glaze Wild Hog Ribs with Rosemary Potato & Asparagus”
Have always wanted to get to TX and hunt some hogs. Will bookmark this for that trip when it happens. Love the TX tattoo, I would tell people it was a birthmark 🙂