Ground Venison Enchilada French Fries
- Gourmet Backpacking Food Company Launches Kickstarter to Fund New Flavors - April 4, 2023
- YETI Recalls Almost 2 Million Coolers and Cases - March 11, 2023
- The Best Venison Steak au Poivre - February 27, 2023
Recipe contributed by Editor in Chief J. Townsend. Photos by Creative Director J. Deardorff.
We all have our guilty pleasures when it comes to food. For some it is ice cream while for others it could be pizza. For me, French Fries. I have always loved fried potatoes. We grew up eating a lot of potatoes and it has certainly resonated in my adulthood. There is just something to be said about the crispy outside and mushy interior of a French Fry. The only added bonus is when it is dipped in an amazing sauce which accentuates the already pleasing flavor.
Well my friends, I have a double bonus for you all today. Not only am I suggesting to top your French fries with Enchilada sauce, but I am also recommending that you toss some ground venison on there as well. To make this process even smoother, I will be using fresh potatoes which have been quickly cut using the Weston French Fry Cutter. This little device allows you to efficiently cut several potatoes in a matter of seconds.
Listen to our Podcast
Apple Podcasts, Google, Spotify, Amazon Music
Like what we are creating? Buy us a coffee to say thanks!
5 Large Potatoes (cut using the Weston French Fry Cutter)
Oil for frying
Â½ cup of Red Enchilada Sauce
Â½ lbs Ground Venison
1 cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
2 tbsp Minced Cilantro
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
Optional garnishes: pickled Jalapeno slices, diced black olives, minced onions, more cheese, etc
- Preheat a large skillet with frying oil to 300 degrees
- Add the French Fries to the oil and begin cooking in batches
- While frying, bring a large skillet to medium-high heat
- Add ground venison and seasonings to the pan
- Brown the venison
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees or to â€œWarmâ€
- Remove the French Fries from the oil once they are golden brown
- Place on a paper towel or cloth towel to absorb excess oil.
- Place the French fries on a plate and top with cheese
- Put the plate into the oven to allow the cheese to melt
- Remove and top with the enchilada sauce
- Add more cheese and return to the oven for 45 seconds
- Spoon on the cooked venison
- Garnish with cilantro and any other items on hand.
2 thoughts on “Ground Venison Enchilada French Fries”
Reblogged this on gretzky991 and commented:
Great football watching food!!
Pingback: Wild Game Cast Iron Enchiladas | Harvesting Nature