Smoked Salmon and Homemade Pesto Pasta
- YETI Recalls Almost 2 Million Coolers and Cases - March 11, 2023
- The Best Venison Steak au Poivre - February 27, 2023
- The Best Ground Venison Taco Meat - January 25, 2023
Recipe contributed by Editor in Chief J. Townsend.
This dish is great for summer because once you have your smoked salmon already prepared all you have to do is boil your pasta and mix the ingredients. It is simple, flavorful, and will not heat up the house with excess cooking.
The smokiness of the salmon will add some extra flavor to the sweet and bite of the pesto. Toss some capers and tomatoes in the dish to add some extra citrus undertones. Enjoy this dish with some warm buttered bread and a nice crisp glass of white wine.
Listen to our Podcast
Apple Podcasts, Google, Spotify, Amazon Music
Like what we are creating? Buy us a coffee to say thanks!
A huge thank you to Field Staff Writer J. McFarland for providing the Alaskan Smoked Salmon for this dish!
3 cups of freshly smoked wild salmon (shredded and bones removed)
2 cups of packed fresh Basil leaves
3 cloves of garlic
Â¼ cups of pine nuts
2/3 cup Olive Oil
1 tsp salt
Â½ tsp ground black pepper
Â½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tomato, diced
1 tablespoon of capers
1 lbs angel hair pasta
- Bring water to a boil on the stove for the pasta
- Add pasta and allow to cook until it is al dente
- Combine the basil, garlic, pine nuts, salt, and black pepper in a food processor or blender and process until chopped.
- Slowly add the olive oil while the food processor is running and combine the mixture until it is smooth.
- Transfer to mixing bowl and stir in the grated Parmesan cheese
- Drain the water from the pasta
- Return it to the warm pot and stir in the pesto, tomatoes, shredded salmon, and capers
- Serve and enjoy
2 thoughts on “Smoked Salmon and Homemade Pesto Pasta”
Pingback: Wild Game Wednesday: Oven-Roasted Trout with Crispy Potatoes | Harvesting Nature
Thanks For Sharing this amazing recipe. My family loved it. I will be sharing this recipe with my friends. Hope the will like it.