- The Best Venison Mississippi Pot Roast - March 15, 2021
- Can the Fake Meat Movement be used to Recruit Hunters? - February 25, 2021
- CA Bear Hunting Ban Bill Withdrawn - February 1, 2021
Recipe contributed by Editor-in-Chief J. Townsend.
Many of you are probably wondering what to do with that excess Corned Venison from our Reuben Sandwich you made yesterday for St. Patrick’s Day? I have an awesome recipe that will be the solution to your post St. Paddy’s woes.
Be sure to check out Weston’s 7.5 inch Meat Slicer, as used and reviewed by Harvesting Nature.
- 1 lbs of Corned Venison
- 1 large potato
- 2 eggs
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons, shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons Guacamole
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Salsa
- 2 tablespoons olive or grape seed oil
- Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder
- Use a cheese grater to grate the potato
- Place a medium pot over high heat and add the potatoes and cover with water
- Parboil to potatoes by bringing them to a boil and then draining water
- Place cooked potatoes in a cloth towel or cheese cloth and squeeze excess water out of the potatoes (be careful! They will be hot)
- We used our Weston 7.5 inch Meat Slicer to cut up the Corned Venison into cubes. Set the meat aside.
- Place 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet and bring to medium-high heat
- Add your potatoes and season with salt, ground black pepper, and garlic to taste.
- Brown the potatoes to your desired crispiness
- Add the Corned Venison to the potatoes and heat the meat
- While heating the Venison, bring a small skillet to heat and add 1 tbsp oil
- Cook your eggs in your preferred method
- Place your tortillas on the plate, top first with the corned venison hash and then eggs
- Add your cheese, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, and extra seasoning as needed.