- Seared Duck Breast with Pumpkin Cream Rigatoni - September 25, 2023
- Kansas Man Pleads Guilty to Poaching Colorado Moose - July 19, 2023
- Gourmet Backpacking Food Company Launches Kickstarter to Fund New Flavors - April 4, 2023
Contributed by Editor-in-Chief J. Townsend
Breakfast is claimed to be the most important meal of the day so why don’t more breakfast recipes contain wild game ingredients? We are here to change that with this simple yet delicious breakfast sausage recipe using some ground wild venison. It is important to start your day with a well balanced meal so we decided to saute up some fresh Mustard Greens to add on the side.
Like what we are creating? Buy us a coffee to say thanks!
Venison Breakfast Sausage
- 1/2 lbs Ground Venison
- 1 tablespoon Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground White Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Rubbed Sage
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Mix all of the ingredients, excluding the Olive Oil, into a large bowl.
- Form the meat mixture into golf ball sized lumps and then flatten
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat
- Add the Olive Oil
- Brown each side of the sausage and then set aside. Keep the Sausage oil
Sauteed Mustard Greens
- 1 bunch of Mustard Greens, chopped
- 4 scallions, diced
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil from Sausages
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Water
- Re-heat the oil from the Sausages
- Add the Scallions and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add the Mustard Greens
- Season with Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste.
- Add the Water and allow the leaves to wilt.
- Remove the leaves from the pan and pat dry
- Serve with the Venison Sausages