The wild pork sausage from this recipe was provided by our Field Staff Writer A. Fick in his recent Wild Pig Hunting trip to Paso Robles, CA. The sausage itself was created with ground pork, fennel, and some parmesan. I love a solid pizza dough so I decided to add a Brown Ale, called Moose Drool by Big Sky Brewing Company, some rosemary and ground black pepper to the dough. The mushrooms, onions, and black olives were added to give the pizza a warm earthy taste.
Like what we are creating? Buy us a coffee to say thanks!
2 cups of self-rising flour
Â¼ cup sugar
Â½ teaspoon salt
Â½ teaspoon minced rosemary
Â½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Â¾ cup of dark beer
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
Â½ lbs. Ground Wild Pork, browned in a skillet with rosemary, ground black pepper, garlic powder, and salt
4 oz Oyster Mushrooms, chopped
8 oz Havarti Cheese, grated
8 oz Black Olives, pitted
2 tablespoons Purple Onion, Chopped
8 oz Pizza Sauce
2 tablespoons Parmesan
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt, rosemary, and black pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Add the Olive Oil and Beer
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Press the dough down on a baking sheet to approximately Â¾ inch thick
- Place the pizza in the oven for 11 minutes or until a crust has formed.
- Remove the pizza from the oven
- Add the Pizza Sauce and the toppings.
- Return to the oven and cook for 5 â€“ 10 minutes or until the cheese is browned
- Remove from the oven and cut to serve