Recipe Contributed by Editor-in-Chief J. Townsend.
This recipe is a result of a hunting trip to the eastern part of San Diego County during the opening week of rabbit season in California.
Like what we are creating? Buy us a coffee to say thanks!
3 rabbits deboned and ground. Marinated overnight in 1/2 cup Worcestershire Sauce. The meat should equal to about 2 lbs. of meat.
- (2 lbs.) ground rabbit meat
- (2) large onions, diced
- (4) garlic cloves, minced
- (1) large bell pepper, diced
- (3) cans of pinto beans or (5) cups of homecooked pinto beans
- (2) cans of diced tomatoes or (7) tomatoes, skinned and roughly chopped
- (4) small cans of tomato sauce
- (1/2 cup) chili powder
- (1 tsp.) ground black pepper
- (1 tbsp.) garlic powder
- salt to taste
- In a large pot on medium heat, add the onions, garlic, bell pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the ground rabbit meat and cook until its brown. (if using the fresh chopped tomatoes then add them in with the meat to cook before adding the remaining ingredients.)
- Add the pinto beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, ground black pepper, garlic powder, and salt to taste.
- Mix the ingredients and simmer on low heat for 15 – 20 minutes.