Recipe contributed by Field Staff Writer H. Dulaney
So here recently in the Midwest we have had a TON of snow in the past couple of weeks. So, as a result of being snowed in I decided to make a big ole pot of soup…with venison of course! I happen to be a fan of a hearty soup that is more on the stew side, but if you aren’t you can always adjust the ingredients accordingly to your liking!
- 1 lbs of Venison meat of your choice.
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 16 oz of frozen or canned corn
- 16 oz of frozen or canned green beans
-  12 oz jars of beef gravy
-  15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Add all ingredients to a soup pot and cook on med to low heat for about 20 to 30 minutes.
Add ingredients to crock pot and cook on low for 5-6 hours.