Wild Venison Breakfast Sausages with Sauteed Mustard Greens
- YETI Recalls Almost 2 Million Coolers and Cases - March 11, 2023
- The Best Venison Steak au Poivre - February 27, 2023
- The Best Ground Venison Taco Meat - January 25, 2023
Contributed by Editor-in-Chief J. Townsend
Breakfast is claimed to be the most important meal of the day so why don’t more breakfast recipes contain wild game ingredients? We are here to change that with this simple yet delicious breakfast sausage recipe using some ground wild venison. It is important to start your day with a well balanced meal so we decided to saute up some fresh Mustard Greens to add on the side.
Listen to our Podcast
Apple Podcasts, Google, Spotify, Amazon Music
Like what we are creating? Buy us a coffee to say thanks!
Venison Breakfast Sausage
- 1/2 lbs Ground Venison
- 1 tablespoon Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground White Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Rubbed Sage
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Mix all of the ingredients, excluding the Olive Oil, into a large bowl.
- Form the meat mixture into golf ball sized lumps and then flatten
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat
- Add the Olive Oil
- Brown each side of the sausage and then set aside. Keep the Sausage oil
Sauteed Mustard Greens
- 1 bunch of Mustard Greens, chopped
- 4 scallions, diced
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil from Sausages
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Water
- Re-heat the oil from the Sausages
- Add the Scallions and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add the Mustard Greens
- Season with Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste.
- Add the Water and allow the leaves to wilt.
- Remove the leaves from the pan and pat dry
- Serve with the Venison Sausages
3 thoughts on “Wild Venison Breakfast Sausages with Sauteed Mustard Greens”
Reblogged this on gretzky991 and commented:
Great for a tailgate breakfast.
Pingback: Wild Game Wednesday: Venison Stuffed Napa Cabbage | Harvesting Nature
Pingback: Wild Game Wednesday: Venison Sausage | Harvesting Nature