This is a quick and fun recipe to use on your next camping trip. I created it while we were camping lakeside in North Dakota. It was served with fresh Northern Pike, Catfish, and fire roasted corn.
- Dutch Oven
- 1 potato
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons butter (soft)
- 1 cup grated cheese
- black pepper
- slice the potato into 1/4″ slices width ways
- dice the onion and garlic
- season the potato slices on each side with the salt, pepper, and paprika
- use the butter to coat the bottom of the Dutch Oven
- lay the potato slices down along the bottom of the pan, overlapping only as necessary
- add the diced onion and garlic to the top of the potatoes
- cover the Dutch Oven and place near the hot coals to cook.
- move hot coals around the Dutch Oven for even cooking
- cook for 10-15 minutes or until done
- pull the Dutch Oven from the fire and place on ground.
- open the lid and sprinkle the cheese onto the potatoes
- serve immediately after the cheese melts